Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Sting!

Welcome back!
Sooo, this week is kind of off because spring break is coming up & me and my partner know we have to be ontop of our game & make sure we use this free time wisely. Following up with my last blog post, me and my partner are stoked to combine our ideas we gathered from our group meetings & begin incorporating them into our film opening. Right now I am researching some good horror movie stings and sound effects we could use during our scenes to create suspense & tension. So, as I was researching I ran into this super cool website that had a video from YouTube linked to it. It showed an instrument that was capable of creating horror sounds that could be used in a film, like mine :-). Here's the link if any of you guys want to check it out! The rest of the website is called Nerdist and it gives several movie examples that did a good job with the horror stings they used. A clip from the movie Halloween is shown that demonstrates scenes that incorporated a well-done horror sting. I didn't know how many different types of horror background music there was! And how differently each one works. This really gave me some good ideas on what type of background music I wanted and exactly which would work best with the types of scenes im doing, I cant wait to show my partner. Stay tuned media friends :)



“This Terrifying Instrument Only Makes Horror Movie Noises.” Nerdist, 5 May 2017, nerdist.com/this-terrifying-instrument-only-makes-horror-movie-noises/.

No comments:

Post a Comment